GCCOA began in 1924 and is the longest serving local approved Officials Association in the state of Michigan. A private, non-profit
organization governed by a board of directors and officers where its membership of 400 plus officials voluntarily pay a small membership
dues each year.
About Genesee County Coaches and Officials Association (GCCOA)
GCCOA stated purposes are:
- Educate our members through classes, programs, meetings, clinics and online information designed to improve the quality of officiating.
- Share a vision with MHSAA to recruit, educate, train, mentor and evaluate officials in the sports GCCOA supports.
- Provide a high caliber of officiating for interscholastic contests our members are assigned to, enabling GCCOA to be the go to association for assigners.
- Provide mutual support to our members through a professional approach to athletic officiating in the sports of Football, Basketball, Baseball and Softball.
- Promote the MHSAA and GCCOA Code of Conduct for Officials and Social Media Usage.
- Encourage the spirit of fair play and sportsmanship.
- Cooperate with all organizations officially connected with the sports we officiate in furthering its interests and ideals.
About the Site
GCCOA BusinessCovers the GCCOA Code of Conduct and Social Media Guidelines as well as the GCCOA By-Laws and host of other downloadable documents.
DirectoryThis page allows users to get school information and directions (Google Maps) as well as look up officials and schools contact information.
ArbiterSports TipsThe ArbiterSports Tips page provides officials with tips and information regarding ArbiterSports and RefPay.
Getting StartedEverything a user would want to know how to get started and who to contact to get into officiating high school sports.
AssignersA list of assigners and their contact information who typically use our members to officiate their games.
Service AwardsA recognition and historical collection of service awards recipients of the Jim Massar and Judge Duncan Beagle awards.
Contact UsContact information of our current board of directors, officers, and trainers.
Each of the sports links aptly displayed on the left sidebar of each page contains a wealth of officiating information and tips from each of the GCCOA supported sports; basketball, football, baseball and softball.